Monday, November 15, 2010

Under Construction

Isaiah 43:19
"Forget about what's happened, don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new (MSG). 


You know the children of Israel were having a difficult time. They are in exile, stripped of their lands, and their homes.  The Babylonian empire has take over. They are in a place where they feel like there is no more hope.  No reason for living, just down and out.  A song writer once said, "I've been down so long, that I know believe that down is the best place for me".  Have mercy! Man, I'm so sorry that it can get that bad, that life can suddenly take a turn, and you feel like those SouthWest airline commercials, "Wanna Get Away".  Truth be told, is really not that easy.  It's really not that easy to jump in a pseudo-type plane and fly away from all your problems.  If that were the case, I probably wouldn't be writing this little devotion right now.  


But if you would just look at this text, and put yourself in it, and picture your existential situation right now...Picture your life, picture your hang ups, picture your mistakes, picture your community, put everything in that text and make it yours....Let me help you....


Forget about what's happened Pastor Jaime, don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new...put your name in it


Forget about what's happened ______________________ don't keep going over old history. Be alert, be present. I'm about to do something brand-new.


Praise God that He's doing something Brand New. Have you ever noticed construction sites? Have you ever stopped at looked it for a second? It's really not a beautiful sight to behold. There are a lot of rocks, gravel, trucks, and dirt all over the place, but at least you know that when you look at it, it's not a finished product.  There's a sign that says "Under Construction" and then there is a picture of what it it's going to look like when it's finished.  


God isn't finished with you yet, you may be finished, but God's gotta work to do. Just remember that you are under construction.  I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I'm under construction.  I don't have everything that I want, but I'm under construction.  I don't look the way I want to, but I'm under construction, because God is doing something Brand New....that should be our motto for this year, and the year coming...I being made new, because God is doing something Brand New for me...


Be Made NEW!!!
2 Cor. 5:17



No comments: